Bob Gold

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Bob Gold

Postby harley hawkins » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:37 pm

We need a prayer chain for Bob Gold . He is in the hospital in Canton Oh. not sure the name right now I will find out. His condition right now is not good but hopefully it will improve. Bob has always been a friend of the 1st and 50th association and was in D company heavy weapons.

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Re: Bob Gold

Postby harley hawkins » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Just talked to Bob . Didn't sound real good a little hard for him to talk but he did pretty good. He has Respiratory problems COPD I'm thinking. They are giving him Breathing treatments therapy I'm not sure how much that can helps to heal the lungs but depends on the amount of damage I guess.
He did talk fairly good and said the staff there was five stars, so he seems to be getting good care. He is at Mercy Medical Center 1320 Mercy Drive Northwest Canton, Ohio 44708.

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Postby Ernie Milito » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 pm

My prayers are with him.

Ernie
Ernie Milito
Bronze poster

Postby George Borges » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:13 pm

Mick, I spoke to Bob last week, he called me to say goodbye this floored me of coarse. I had no words at first.He said Sherry would keep me posted. I praying for him.May all the 1/50th. Brothers pray for Bob. God Bless
George Borges
Silver poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Word from Bob's wife Sherry is grim. My thoughts go out to her and Bob's family. Although I have not had a chance to speak with Bob in several years, I know he feels like many of us...that every day since surviving Vietnam was a gift. I thought I would post a link to this reunion photo. Bob receiving his induction into the "Order of Saint Maurice" at our 2017 Reunion. It was the last time I saw him. He will be missed.
Jim Sheppard

Postby Jim Sheppard » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 am

I am just realizing many may not know that Bob passed on Monday afternoon. I have posted an Obituary on our "Taps" page. Arrangements are being discussed for a possible gathering of friends later this year. There are currently no memorial services set. https://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/Obituary/GoldObit.pdf
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum