Received suspicious email...

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Received suspicious email...

Postby Bob Bihari » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello Brothers; I just got the following email from what looks like this site with a .pdf attachment - (I didn't open it) - is this legit??? BTW; it came from the following address: admin@ichiban1.ga

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Received: Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Pages: 2

This message is being sent from Association of the 1st Battalion 50th Infantry in an encrypted format because it contains particularly sensitive or confidential information. open the attachment by 2019-08-28 02:43 PDT to read your message.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all the scams in the internet, I wanted to check to make sure it really came from 1/50. If not - anyone else get this mail ??

Play the game Brothers.... Bob Bihari
A Company '68. WIA An Bao

Bob Bihari
Bronze poster

Re: Received suspicious email...

Postby RJ_Smith » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:22 pm

It definitely did *not* come from the Association. Dad's email got the same message and attachment - definitely a scam...
RJ_Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jim Sheppard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:03 pm

NEVER open an attachment in an email that comes like this. If you get a legitimate private message from our message board...you would be directed to go to the message board to retrieve same.

This is a scam.
Jim Sheppard

Postby Bob Bihari » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks for the responses - I figured it was some kind of scam. I found out that the .ga email address extension is from the country of Gabon in Africa.
Looks like someone got a list of members and is trying to con us.
Be careful out there....
A Company '68. WIA An Bao

Bob Bihari
Bronze poster

Postby Ernie Milito » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Got one and just deleted it.
Ernie Milito
Bronze poster

Return to Public Forum