Remembering MSG Fred T. Miranda

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Remembering MSG Fred T. Miranda

Postby Mike Koplin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:32 pm

I was just searching for information about MSG Fred T. Miranda. He took me under his wing when the batallion was shipped to Vietnam from Fort Hood. He was a WWII vet and after spending a few months in Vietnam he decided he had enough and retired. I remember walking with him as we departed An Khe to eventually arrive at LZ Uplift. I was sad to see that he died in 1977. He was always talking about his family and rarely talked about his experiences in WWII. Does anybody remember him?

-Mike Koplin
Mike Koplin
Iron poster

Re: Remembering MSG Fred T. Miranda

Postby pt9243 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:55 am

Mike, I remember him well. A dapper gentleman with a thin mustache - I believe originally from Cuba. Pablo Luna, Bill Petersen, Ronald Provencher, Ron Oropeza, and myself were involved in a roll over accident near Georgetown coming back from Austin one night. He picked us up at the Georgetown Hospital emergency room. Fortunately none of us was real bad. I remember going to his home once at Fort Hood but know really remember why. Had a beautiful family. Great guy. Take care Mike. Pete Tovar
pt9243
Silver poster

Re: Remembering MSG Fred T. Miranda

Postby Randy Smith » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Mike, MSG Fred T. made a habit of taking deserving troops under his wing. He was with the medical platoon at Ft. Hood and took my good friend Toby Milroy under his wing. I remember him taking Toby home with him on some occasions to have a home cooked meal with his family. If you say anything but kind words about MSG Fred T. around Toby it had better be while you are in a dead run with a head start. (Toby is faster than he looks for a short distance with good motivation. Kinda like a grizzly bear.) Yes MSG Miranda is another on a long list of those that will never be forgotten by those who knew them.
Randy Smith
Platinum poster

Return to Public Forum