Melvin "POLLOCK" Valasek

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Melvin "POLLOCK" Valasek

Postby Randy Smith » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:59 pm

I received a message from Ron Fisher who is researching our battalion and in the message he gave me the sad news of the passing last week of Melvin Valasek. I informed Toby MIlroy and he called and talked with Melvin's fiance and confirmed this sad truth.

Melvin was a fellow medic and was with the battalion at Ft. Hood. Affectionately known as POLLOCK he was a dear friend who Toby and I spent a lot of time with while at Ft. Hood. I have a picture of Melvin, Toby, Danny Henson and myself sitting across the street from the 1/50th barracks eating ice cream cones. We drove down to Corpus Christi one weekend to enjoy the beach. Melvin drove the Medical Command track and worked at the battalion aid station at LZ Uplift in Nam. We both went to John Rattigan's reunion at Cedar Rapids, Iowa back about 1988 before our established reunions began. Jon Thelen was there also. At the Las Vegas reunion my wife Mary and I accompanied Melvin and his wife Marsha along with Roger and Loraine Burch on a trip to Lake Mead and we took the ferry boat tour of the lake. It was a good day spent with good friends.

Melvin you are sorely missed my friend and will remain a brother in my heart forever. As long as Toby or I are drawing breath, you will never be forgotten. RIP.
Randy Smith
Platinum poster

Re: Melvin "POLLOCK" Valasek

Postby harley hawkins » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:36 am

Sorry to hear about Melvin Valasek loss. May he rest in peace.

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Return to Public Forum