5 May 1968

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

5 May 1968

Postby Harry Wilson » Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 am

Much was said about this fateful day only last week at our excellent reunion. But may we not forget. A number of us are getting together for dinner this evening to remember this date, thanks to Gary and Kay Quint.
Harry Wilson
Bronze poster

Re: 5 May 1968

Postby Bob Bihari » Thu May 05, 2011 10:06 am

Sorry I haven't thanked everyone for allowing my wife and I to tag along last Thursday. I'm still trying to get things sorted out from my trip up to the reunion last week. Though I was there only for one day, it was great to see Ft Benning & Jay Copley's award ceremony...but it's taken a mental toll. A lot of memories came flooding back & were a bit tough to deal with.... and today is hitting harder than usual.

All in all, it was great meeting you guys - most for the first time (at least back here).... Seeing Captain Copley receive the DSC was something really special. Glad I was able to see it finally happen.
I felt the presence of many honorable souls sitting with us in the stands that afternoon......

Never forget......
A Company '68. WIA An Bao

Bob Bihari
Bronze poster

Postby NickB » Thu May 05, 2011 10:04 pm

I will never forget the men of A co...or the days right before 5 May 68 running into a buddy from back home and men in his unit/squad in A co....Trying to find a cold beer at Phu Cat....and then hearing
about A co and An Bao days later...Sometimes it seems like yesterday and wondering about that day and then I remember a poem ..."Life Is Never So Sweetly Sacred As Seen Through The Eyes Of War" (author unknown)
Bless the 1/50th. Nick Sept 67-68
NickB
Steel poster

Postby NickB » Thu May 05, 2022 7:03 pm

Think about the 1/50 and the sacrifices made during “tour of duty “made by everyone especially 5May68 God Bless
NickB
Steel poster

Return to Public Forum