Norm Poage's Ashes to be buried at Arlington

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Norm Poage's Ashes to be buried at Arlington

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:38 am

The family of Norm Poage has revealed plans for a burial at Arlington National Cemetery on August 2nd at 10 AM. Anyone interested in attending contact Jim Sheppard.

The family is particularly interested in having men who knew and served with Norm at this long anticipated event. For those who are not aware, Norm was with Charlie Company and served with our unit on his second Vietnam tour. He quickly rose to the rank of SGT and was in line for a direct battlefield commission as a 2nd Lieutenant when he suffered a career ending wound in April of 1968.

Norm passed away on Christmas Eve of 2010 and family differences contributed to a gap in this long anticipated last honor for a very brave Vietnam Veteran.

ALSO, for all...Norm Poage set up the very first Association website in the mid 1990s. It was that website that sparked the rapid growth of our 1st Battalion, 50th Infantry Association which now boasts over 450 current and past members!

Norm was my Squad Leader during my 3 months as a rifleman with the third platoon of Charlie Company. I was thrilled to see him again after forty-some years at our 1999 reunion in Kansas city where I was installed as your historian.
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum