Gary Wolff

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Gary Wolff

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 pm

One of our "scouts" has passed. I got a call from Walter "Happy" Gilbreath tonight that Gary Wolff succumbed to cancer on this past Saturday. Details from the funeral home handling his services:

"Gary Martin Wolff, 71, of Midland, GA passed away Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Columbus Hospice surrounded by his loving family. Funeral services will be held 3:00 p.m. Friday, March 12, 2021 at Striffler-Hamby with Rev. Deawn Richards officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. Mr. Wolff was born August 4, 1949 in Tacoma, WA, the son of the late William and Vera Wolff. Gary graduated Bethal High School and obtained an Associates Degree from Puyallup Community College. He married his wife Judy on November 7, 1972, spending many cherished years together. Mr. Wolff worked as a Lab Technician for Boral Brick. Gary attended The Church of Columbus and enjoyed Mariner’s baseball, Huskies football, golfing, music, puzzles, crossword and most importantly his grandchildren. Gary was a patriot and proudly served his country in Vietnam. He was preceded in death by his Father and Mother Bill and Vera Wolff, brother Louie Wolff, and sisters Shirley Dempsey and Marge Jones. Survivors include his wife, Judy Wolff; three children, Lori Larkin, Regina Evens and Wendy Plazas; six grandchildren, Mikayla Rogers, Corin Evens, Chad Evens, Brailyn Evens, Brooke Larkin, Andrew Martin Plazas; four siblings, Bill Wolff (Jan), Louise Dann, Betty Knoben and Nancy Pettit and other friends and family. Striffler-Hamby is entrusted with the arrangements; you may offer your condolences by visiting www.shcolumbus.com"

If anyone knows of any awards Gary may have received while in Vietnam, please let me know as I would like to embellish an obituary page for him on our website.

Jim Sheppard
Jim Sheppard

Re: Gary Wolff

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks to Walter "Happy" Gilbreathe for updating me on Gary Wolff's awards. I completed and posted an obituary on our "taps" page: https://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/Obituary/WolffObit.pdf
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum