CHRISTMAS

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

CHRISTMAS

Postby harley hawkins » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:46 pm

I have been trying to post this since Christmas I'm not sure if it is my computer skills or problems with the message Board but I seem to be good to go.
Yesterday I took down my one outside Christmas light which it is my understanding it might be one more then Toby Jordan has.
A few years back maybe in the 1980s Marceline the town in which I call home had a Christmas lighting contest every year and all the houses in town had displays on roofs, house sides, trees, yards any place they could get a light one was there. Judges would drive around to find the best one of the year and that house owner had bragging rights the whole year .
Seeing this as a chance to be different one year I placed one light in my yard as a joke. I received letters, phone calls and word spread around town Hawkins should have won the Christmas Lighting contest and that got me started every year one lighted placed in my yard.
Jack White went to the rest home and picked up people in his van to drive around town and look at lights he told me they always wanted to go by and see the house with one light. I got carried away and had a light lighting party one year and my wife said there was 65 people there.
This year one night the light blub went out I got two phone calls that night and Carolyn my wife said at work several people ask her about why my light was out. I fixed it the next day. Oh well Merry Christmas and a happy New Year remember I have one more light than Toby Jordan.

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Re: CHRISTMAS

Postby George Borges » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Merry belated Christmas to you and family . KEEP THE LIGHT ON . God Bless!!!
George Borges
Silver poster

Re: CHRISTMAS

Postby RJ_Smith » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Sounds like you had a great Christmas, Mick! :) Thanks for asking about the board and your patience while we got it fixed!
RJ_Smith
Site Admin

Return to Public Forum