LZ Uplift Map Project - 1967-68

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

LZ Uplift Map Project - 1967-68

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 pm

LZ Uplift Map Project

Folks,

I am going to attempt to create a map of uplift...showing all units from the time frame of the Battalion's first year in Vietnem.

At the end of this message, you will see a link to a very rough work sheet image of LZ Uplift. I am looking for your help in locating the whereabouts of your specific Company at LZ Uplift in late 1967 and the 1st half of 1968.

I am going to begin attempting to collect data on the locations of our 1/50th elements as well as other units you can recall.

Try to mark the approximate location on this map of where your company was located.

Possibly, on a separate sheet if necessary, draw me a layout showing the approximate location of GP tents, and other buildings...maybe indicate “North” on your layout to give me an idea of how they were facing.

My finished product will be for the time period between September of 1967 and Summer of 1968. I have several photos from different time periods....but none are much help.

The easiest way to get your sketches back to me is to take a photo of them with your “smart” phone and email it to me. If you do not have a smart phone, possibly see if you can locate a scanner and scan them to any image or .pdf format and then email them to me...or, mail me your sketches at Jim Sheppard, 187 40th Street South, Brigantine, NJ 08203.

Map worksheet: http://ichiban1.org/pdf/Uplift67-68Template.pdf

Best regards,

Jim Sheppard, Your Historian/Archivist
Jim Sheppard

Re: LZ Uplift Map Project - 1967-68

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:35 am

Thanks to Dick Guthrie for sending me info on "B" Company and some HQ locations. Gary Quint is helping with "A" Company. I will try to fill in "C" Company....but have not heard from anyone in "D" Company. Input here would be appreciated.
Jim Sheppard

Re: LZ Uplift Map Project - 1967-68

Postby mick hawkins » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 am

I'm going to send you something Jim not sure when I can get to it but will make it high priority, but that is not as high as Carolyn priority. Try and get to it next week.

Harley Mick Hawkins
mick hawkins
Silver poster

Return to Public Forum