December Newsletter

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

December Newsletter

Postby bbontemps » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Just wanted to congratulate John Topper and Billie McGregor for publishing an excellent December newsletter. The statistics you provided were especially interesting and help to dispell many myths previously circlulated by the media and in movies. 390 deaths each day? Wow! I now wonder what I am doing still working.
At my new position as Director of Vocational Services at Goodwill in Central Illniois, we have the priveldge of serving homeless Veterans, both at our General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans, and through our HVRP Program (Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program) from the Department of Labor. We often hear many stories from some of these guys, however their DD214 clarifies everything, plus we have a retired 1St Sgt. working in our program who knows the questions to ask. Very few of the participants in our program have experienced combat, however many would like you to think they did. When anyone mentions they are a wounded veteran, I'll quickly reply what date did you earn your purple heart. If he cannot give me a quick answer, then I know he's not telling the truth.
Keep up the good work, John and Billie. I appreciate your efforts.
bbontemps
Bronze poster

Re: December Newsletter

Postby JAT » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Bill,
You are certainly welcome. I received the Vietnam information from a friend I served with many years ago. He is still in the Pentagon and thoughtfully sent it knowing I would find it interesting. I'm glad you found it interesting as well.

You mentioned the Wayne Downing Center - I knew General Downing, one of the really great Generals I was privileged to serve with. Take care and Merry Christmas.
John
JAT
Iron poster

Re: December Newsletter

Postby Randy Smith » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Excellent newsletter John and Billie and shocking revelations, however I do feel older now after reading the stats. :shock:
Thanks for keeping us aware that things we should do shouldn't be delayed or the opportunities may be lost. Randy.
Randy Smith
Platinum poster

Return to Public Forum