From Bill Bontemps: Re Steve Dennis

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

From Bill Bontemps: Re Steve Dennis

Postby Jim Sheppard » Tue May 08, 2018 1:13 pm

I stopped to see Steve Dennis in Indianapolis on my way home. Last fall he experienced double vision, and the docs found a tumor behind his eye near his sinus. This could not be removed, so he received radiation. He now has his vision back to normal.

Further tests discovered prostrate and lymph node cancer. He is in the hospital this week and next for a series of 6 chemo treatments. When I saw him, he looked good and had a good attitude, but he had no feeling from his waist down. His brother was in the room when I got there. Not sure of his prognosis. I sent him a card and will call him again next week.

If anyone wants to send a card, here is his address. He receives chemo at a hospital, but then is taken to a separate rehab facility between treatments. Prayers are also welcome.

Altenheim Senior Living
3525 E. Hanna Ave.
Indianapolis, IN. 46237

Bill
Jim Sheppard

Re: From Bill Bontemps: Re Steve Dennis

Postby bbontemps » Tue May 22, 2018 6:59 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I report that Steve Dennis passed away on May 13. I went to see Steve in Indianapolis after our memorial lunch on May 5. At that time, Steve was undergoing chemo, but he was in good spirits. I shared pictures of the lunch, and he recognized many of the guys. Steve wanted to make it to the lunch, but was unable.

His daughter, MacKenzie, posted his obit on Steve's Facebook page. Few details were given. Steve was not much of a computer guy, but told me he liked Facebook so he could see pictures of his grandkids, Kale and Henry.

Steve was a very caring guy. I remember the look he gave me on May 5 when he saw me sitting in the medevac helicopter. He was a good friend and will be missed.

Online condolences can be made at: http://www.bellmortuary.com
bbontemps
Bronze poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed May 23, 2018 3:28 am

Obituary created on the "taps" page for Steve Dennis: http://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/Obituary/DennisObit.pdf
Jim Sheppard

Postby mick hawkins » Wed May 23, 2018 8:15 am

R.I.P Steve. Bill great to see you stood by your friend.

Mick Hawkins
mick hawkins
Silver poster

Return to Public Forum